Password for Nvidia settings in the menu Withdrawn!

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Husse

Password for Nvidia settings in the menu Withdrawn!

Post by Husse »

Bianca > System Tools > NVIDIA X Server Settings > X Server Display Configuration.
shows the settings panel, but to do changes you have to sudo:
sudo /usr/bin/nvidia-settings
The button in the menu should ask for password, or the settings should not need sudo
Last edited by Husse on Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

in fact it would be nice to have an... "open as root" command available in context menu of mintmenu.......
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
Husse

Post by Husse »

I agree with NiksaVel
However Nivida settings do have a problem as xorg.conf can get corrupted if you save the settings...
Not if you have a "standard xorg.conf" but settings for Beryl disappears so I withdraw the suggestion and change it to "we should have some simple way to change video settings"
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

yeah... agreed, and I will add to it that I want simple GUI controls for TV out.... xinerama and the likes... this area is still very CLI heavy... and would be a nice adition to a nice minty prog that will incorporate envy for driver installation, beryl (and or XGL) installation, multiple display config etc etc.... as far as I know, no distro has this nowhere nicely laid out as the windows control panel/display application
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”