Huawei E176 T-Mobile Internet Stick MicroSD slot

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
relst

Huawei E176 T-Mobile Internet Stick MicroSD slot

Post by relst »

Hy Guys,

I have a T-Mobile Internet Stick (Holland) and thats a Huawei e176 3g modem. It has a microsd slot, and i would like to use that. Now t-mobile says it supports linux, but i have'nt found it out yet. My modem works with network manager (Gloria RC) but i would really want to use the microsd slot. With lsusb it reports it as a huawei 220/270.

I already called support, but they say i should boot up the pc with the stick inserted, but that doesnt work either. UMTSmon crashes, wvdial says it cannot find a carrier, (i've done wvdialconf) but networkmanager makes it work.

What should i do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Huawei E176 T-Mobile Internet Stick MicroSD slot

Post by Husse »

What's your problem?
That you have to use USB instead of a MicroSD slot?
Your post is really confusing
relst

Post by relst »

Well, the stick plugs in via USB, but on windows it can act as a MircoSD card reader. Then you can put data on it. But now with Mint i cannot mount that microsd card. T-Mobile says they support linux, but their customer support doesn't know it either.

I just want to use the card reader built into the stick. The modem works fine.
Husse

Post by Husse »

the card reader built into the stick
OK this is a bit different from what I thought
I'll add it to my list and see if I can find something
Edit
Please post the output of lsusb for that dongle - can't really do anything before, I need the ID
Husse

Post by Husse »

There is some application - and I've forgotten the details - that set devices with both a storage capacity and some other capacity back and forth between the capacities
It'll take me a while to catch up on this again - time that I don't have

Return to “Hardware Support”