won't install - get black/blank screen - SOLVED

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Shaddix

Re: won't install - get black/blank screen

Post by Shaddix »

well, your graphics card is marked compatible for Ubuntu 7, so it should work with mint 6 (http://hardware4linux.info/component/22542/)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Had the same problem and found it to be the KVM, once I plugged the monitor in directly during install I had no problems.

On the same note, I have two different cables on my DLink 4 Port KVM, the two that came with it, and two that I purchased later. The two skinny black ones that came with the DLink work fine, Mint detects my monitor through the KVM, and gives me 1280x1024. The two nice, big, thick, ribbon-cabled white ones . . no matter what I do, my monitor will not be detected, and a max of 800x600.

Regards, Richard

I have Vista running through the KVM too, and I can get the full monitor resolution through any of the cables.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Have you tried booting with the Mint live disk again?

On the linux pc, I mean.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Is this the Ubuntu pc that you are trying to boot to?
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

good news, bengb.
yes, you can edit your first post, and add "Solved!" to the end of the 'Subject" heading.

regards, Richard

Return to “Installation & Boot”