Artist needed?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Artist needed?

Post by slider »

Theres lots of different kinds of sauces though. In Texas alone we probably got about 3million! :shock: Red, green, hot, sweet, sour, etc. Sauce in a bottle, in a bowl, in a can, in a jar, flowing on something, flowing off of something, etc.

Try an image search to see if you can come up with a closer idea of what your looking for.

Wallpapers usually reflect an idea or theme of the OS in question and the personality of the person who founded it.

Look around some on the web then post some better (more detailed) descriptions of your ideas, and Im sure everyone will be glad to at least take a look into it in an effort to help you....

:)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider »

But basically the spin is going to be Xfce with a bunch of Ruby stuff included.
Oh I see. Then this Distro would be called "Sauce XFCE"???? Well the Ruby logo could be incorporated into it along with some type of bottle like you say. Funny I was thinking the same thing before I read your reply. :lol:

Not sure if the bottle should be transparent with sauce inside or pouring out? I did an experiment with the Ruby logo. Opened the top of it and made it look like green sauce was inside, similar to a bowl. :shock: Wasnt too appealing though, looked like slime! :lol:

I'll try to keep my thinkin cap on and figure out something for ya maybe. Look forward to seeing your ideas as well.

Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

I'll gladly try to come up with something.
Give me a day or two... :)
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider »

tdapple

Heres a couple of images I worked up from scratch that might help you a little to decide which direction to go. I dont know what color scheme that you plan on using so I just did the screenshots in Gimp with some color for the background so the images would show up better. All of the layer, opacity and color levels can be changed fairly easily with the xcf. They're not near a finished product, just an idea for you to think about.

I hope that these help you some....

Edit
sauce-ideas-for-tdapple.png
Last edited by slider on Mon May 25, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider »

Ok tdapple, I'll add a third image to my post above that we can use for editing so as not to flood the page with too many images that are the similar.

Will add different background color variation this time so you can see how that greatly effects the image view and clarity, which must be adjusted accordingly when the changes are very dynamic.

Im not sure, but I think that this topic may need to be in "Other Artwork". I think Husse will move it for us if he thinks its necessary.

Im sure some other users will post some good ideas soon as well....

Return to “Chat about Linux”