Screen Resolution Issues with a Lenovo S10 netbook

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jlbr

Screen Resolution Issues with a Lenovo S10 netbook

Post by jlbr »

Hello! I just installed Mint 6 on a Lenovo S10 netbook, the installation was flawless and it all works pretty fine, however, for some strange reason the resolution of the display is set to 800x600 and under Preferences>Screen resolution, that is in fact the ONLY resolution available.
Needless to say, it comes close to ruining my Mint experience.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could give me some clues as to what the problem might be.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AK Dave

Re: Screen Resolution Issues with a Lenovo S10 netbook

Post by AK Dave »

Mint 6 isn't far off from Ubuntu Intrepid, and a Lenovo S10 isn't far off from a Dell Mini 9. Thus I refer you to Ubuntu Mini for netbook-specific support.

But it sounds like your install didn't configure or detect your video settings properly. So you might need to reconfigure the xorg package:

Code: Select all

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
jlbr

Post by jlbr »

Thanks, what I did in the end was boot as safefailmode, and there a menu appears that asks you if you want to fix broken packages, repair x server, and others, I did both and upon reboot the resolution had gone up to 1024x768.

Thanks.
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

What screen resolution would you expect to see?
jlbr

Post by jlbr »

1024x768, the way it is now. I know it cant be higher, Im happy with that.

Return to “Beginner Questions”