Felecia KDE 4 - Video recording

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
srini2174

Felecia KDE 4 - Video recording

Post by srini2174 »

Thanks for the nice distro. Currently I am using Mint 6 KDE CE. I am pretty much impressed by this distro. I wanted to write a review on this. I wanted to include some screenshot/movies of the KDE 4.2 desktop ( I had installed KDE 4.2.2 from the PPA repository). For this purpose I wanted to enable the Video record options in the Advanced Desktop settings tab. Unfortunately I am unable to see this option in the System Settings -> Desktop -> Advanced options. Can anyone help me to get this option?

Further I had installed the network-manager-plasma. I want to add this to the system tray. How do I do this? I am just able to get this in the task bar but not in the system tray. Can anyone help me.

Once again thanks for a great distro and waiting for Mint 7 KDE edition.

Srinivasan.B
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Felecia KDE 4 - Video recording

Post by Acid_1 »

While this may be odd, you could always try gtk-recordmydesktop or because KDE is QT (I think) qt-recordmydesktop. Good luck :)
srini2174

Post by srini2174 »

Hi,
Thanks for your response. I tried using qt-recordMydesktop as well as krecordmydesktop, but I am unable to capture the KDE desktop effects like "Desktop Cube" rotation etc., Is there any other way to do this. Further qt-recordMydesktop is not available in the official repository and I had to install it from removed. This application also gave some errors while recording. So I had to use the recordmydesktop from the commandline.

Srinivasan.B
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Acid_1 »

I have never had gtk-recordmydesktop issues before. I suggest you try it. It should be in the repositories by default, and it works on KDE with extra libraries, if you have an okay PC it should be fine.

Return to “Software & Applications”