problems installing from the live CD

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hrd12

problems installing from the live CD

Post by hrd12 »

Hey Guys,
Total mint noob here, so I apologize if I'm missing something really easy. I've followed the instructions listed in the user guide pdf, and I've got the live CD working. At least the to the point of seeing how Linux Mint works. I've tried clicking on "Install" on the desktop and it appears like a window is trying to open because I see "Starting Administrative" on the Menu bar, but nothing happens after that. I've tried going though Menu -> Administrative -> mint Install to no avail. I'm trying to install this on a HP laptop if that helps. Suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: problems installing from the live CD

Post by exploder »

Welcome to the forum! If you ran off the Live CD a while before trying the install try rebooting and trying the installer again. You might have been low on memory from running from the CD.
hrd12

Re: problems installing from the live CD

Post by hrd12 »

exploder wrote:Welcome to the forum! If you ran off the Live CD a while before trying the install try rebooting and trying the installer again. You might have been low on memory from running from the CD.
Thanks exploder that did the trick.

Return to “Installation & Boot”