offline faq

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

It's a great idea and an ambitious project.

Clem
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

I'd gladly contribute... while mint is an exellent distro... I believe it actually lacks most in silly little things, like documentation, tutorials and graphics... all the things that community even without professional IT knowledge can contribute to...
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

Its a very good Idea. Wikis help, but offline documentation is always better.
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I agree!
But to do this we should find a form for this - offline wiki, database or?
The subjects and how deep we should dive into them etc.
I do have some spare time, but not much - you have to make a living too :)
I could organize the thing and contribute if others join in
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

I believe the most prudent course of action would be to work on the wiki and perfect it.... it's still very basic.... just take a look at the ubuntu stuff...

and than make an offline copy of it with every new release... or maybe even on a regular basis... make it available through the mintMenu as an entry under system.... and have it update automatically with the latest version via updater.... could be a real achievement...
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
Husse

Post by Husse »

I believe the most prudent course of action would be to work on the wiki and perfect it
I believe you're right and this way we don't have to work on both the wiki and the offline solution
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

I will gladly lend a helping hand in that area, when I am done with consolidating the mintArt webpage ... which should be within days now.
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”