Mint 7 Loading Screen?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Mint 7 Loading Screen?

Post by Zwopper »

I believe the decision was made so it would look good on any resolution, which the old one did not, depending on your resolution, you sometimes would get a big ugly black frame around the striped background image.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

My first reaction to the new usplash was the exact opposite of yours, I thought it looked sleek and professional (though I still like the old stripes one), so I guess it's all a matter of choice and personal preference.
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Post by solar1951 »

geistschatten wrote:I just downloaded and successfully installed Mint 7 Main Edition, but why does the loading screen (see attachment) look so....unfinished?

I mean I like the loading screen for Mint 6, it looked sleek and professional, this new one looks way too basic. Why the change?
I agree completely. On my installation of Elyssa I have an "ugly black frame" around the logo and I think it looks better than the overlarge Gloria. A smaller version of the Ubuntu studio screen using Linux Mint might be cool.
Anyway personal choice and you dont see it for long !
curt_grymala

Post by curt_grymala »

emorrp1 wrote:My first reaction to the new usplash was the exact opposite of yours, I thought it looked sleek and professional (though I still like the old stripes one), so I guess it's all a matter of choice and personal preference.
I agree with you. I really like all of the new artwork in Gloria.

Return to “Installation & Boot”