mintUpdate shows no updates

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cholcombe973

mintUpdate shows no updates

Post by cholcombe973 »

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with mint 5 and now mint 7 rc1. When I run mintupdate it never shows updates. I can connect to the internet just fine with my firefox browser on there. When I try to install something using the software manager that works fine also. It just seems like mintupdate is broken on my box for whatever reason. Any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lexon

Re: mintUpdate shows no updates

Post by lexon »

Might not be any help but I have been running Mint 7 RC since it came out and getting updates until recently.

I followed the suggestion in the below link.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=26262

I was told my system is up to date. I assume I am running the latest version of Mint 7 Main edition. I could be wrong.

Last night I downloaded and installed the newest Mint 7 Maine Edition in a different hard drive. When it boots up, the boot page looks like the hard drive with Mint 7 RC that has all updates.

lexon
johonunu

Post by johonunu »

I have also instaled Linux Mint RC, and folowed the procedure how to upgrade, but there is no update for a week !!! I guess somethings wrong :( Please help !
JamesFox

Post by JamesFox »

Similar issue... I've been running a fresh install of Gloria for close to a week (not an upgrade from the RC) and haven't had any update notifications (other than the first set after you initially install.) Just now I changed mintUpdate preference to show me level 4 and 5 updates, and it STILL came back with no updates available. That's a little disconcerting.

Could one of the moderators reply if they've had any kind of updates over the past week? If they haven't, then I'll return to my state of blissfull ignorance. :D If they (or anyone else) has, I guess I have some work to do to find out what's wrong.

James
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Ubuntu has not put out very many updates, there have not been any this week.
johonunu

Post by johonunu »

I thought it is because of RC1 version, so I downloaded new main edition and I got the same problem again :( I had to update 66 packages and after that no update at all :( It's really anoying :( Please help Mint team !

EDIT : I didn't see the post above ! Thanks, exploder
Last edited by johonunu on Sun May 31, 2009 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

That's ok, just wanted to let everyone know there is nothing wrong with mintUpdate. There just hasn't been any updates available.
JamesFox

Post by JamesFox »

Whew, awesome, thanks Exploder. :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”