md5sum wrong why?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
carling

md5sum wrong why?

Post by carling »

I have downloaded LinuxMint 7 Universal .iso DVD I checked the md5sum and got >> F50fe4665952c5abd887f403c6409963 and not .. f50fe4665952c5abd887f403c6409963 why is this ? It will not boot up at all, it comes up with unable to boot. and an error code please don't tell me to download it again it took for eever to download
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: md5sum wrong why?

Post by exploder »

Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, you will probably have to download again. I would try downloading from another server. Sorry to have to give you bad news...
carling

Post by carling »

I have downloded it from different sites and when I come to write the ISO file I get errors like error writing to disk, had this on several different downloads so I won't bother downloading it again thanks for the help
Carling
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Did you try to burn it as slow as possible? That is what everyone recommends.
I check the md5sum before I burn anything. Saves on disks too! :wink:

If you haven't completely given up, try this site.
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/linuxmint. ... Mint-7.iso
Very fast for me in Canada, and the md5 has always been correct. (hope I didn't just jinx myself :lol: )

regards, Richard

Return to “Beginner Questions”