Gloria "Loading" forever

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
otaviokaminski

Gloria "Loading" forever

Post by otaviokaminski »

Hi,

I´m trying to install LM7 on my notebook HP zv6007us (specs here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... 216&dlc=en) but no matter which option on liveCD i choose it just show "loading" e nothing happen after this...

I've tried a lot of cheatcodes like noapic nolapic no acpi noapm irqpool nopcmcia idle=pool nomce nosmp (...) and all of their combinations unsuccessfully.

BIOS has no options about APM or ACPI.

What can I do?

**sorry my poor english**
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Gloria "Loading" forever

Post by Aging Technogeek »

otaviokaminski,

Looking at the specs you show for your computer, I see it has only 512 Meg of ram. This is marginal for installation of Mint 7 main edition. Some people get it to work and some don't.

A trick you can try from the live CD desktop is to open Partition Editor in the mintMenu and partition the drive before you begin the installation. The minimum partition scheme would be 512 Meg for swap and 10-12 Gig, Formatted ext3, for / (root). This allows the installer to use the swap space as virtual ram if needed.

if you read this thread, you will get a lot of information about installation and partitioning.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=11872

If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask for it. There is always some one around to answer.
otaviokaminski

Post by otaviokaminski »

thank you, Aging Technogeek!

But I forgot to say that I`ve installed more RAM in my notebook and currently it has 1280Mb of RAM.

This is a good trick, but Gloria's liveCD simply does NOT run. Grub menu of liveCD runs but none of the options work (except MemTest, it works fine). I've checked md5 and tried 3 CD media and USB boot, unsuccessfully. Only this appear :

And the CD stops spinning. Not even the dots "Loading..............." appear.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you all, and sorry my bad english.
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Did you check the md5 sum for the disks you burned? Also, did you burn the disk at the slowest speed available? Occasionally one may get a batch of CDs that are not as good as they should be. I've seen CDs that check perfectly with md5 but will not complete the install. I also have personal experience with disks that work perfectly when installing on one computer but cannot be made to work properly on another. Some computers just don't want to accept Linux. My immediate suggestion is to obtain a new batch of CDs, burn the .iso file at the slowest speed, check the md5 for the CD, and try another installation.

Keep trying and let me know if you need more assistance and when you get Mint installed. It's worth the effort.

<EDIT>
Have you tried installing in compatibility mode? When the live CD first starts, during the 10 second countdown before it starts loading, press any key to access a menu of start options. There is also an option to check disk integrity.
otaviokaminski

Post by otaviokaminski »

I didn't check the md5 for the disk , but I installed Mint in another PC without problems.

"Have you tried installing in compatibility mode?"
Yes, I have. The same thing happened.

I have experienced troubles installing Mint 5 and Mint 6 in my notebook, but the cheatcodes like noapic nolapic no acpi noapm irqpool nopcmcia idle=pool nomce nosmp (...) have solved that time.

I will try, once again, another disk. And if I need more assistance, I let you know.

Return to “Installation & Boot”