Trying to uninstall Office 2000 [Solved - pretty much]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Temporary Saint
Level 3
Level 3

Trying to uninstall Office 2000 [Solved - pretty much]

Post by Temporary Saint »

Well, I installed Office 2000 with Wine (Gloria OS) and found out I didn't really need to. I got around what I thought was a compatibility issue with OpenOffice. Now when I try to uninstall Office 2000, the files are not deleted. I ran wine "d:\setup.exe" from the CLI and the installer launches fine. I select Remove Office and off it goes, but the app is still on my drive. Can it be deleted manually?

Steve
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Endeavor to be unique; everyone else does.
kei84

Re: Tryng to unistall Office 2000

Post by kei84 »

Go to the C: folder. There you will find all the folders pf the programs you installed using wine. Delete the folder of the OpenOffice.
After doing it, go to Wine in menu and see if OpenOffice is in the wine menu. If it`s there right click in the menu and choose edit menu. Uncheck openoffice in the wine menu.

That`s all.
Temporary Saint
Level 3
Level 3

But I didn't want to uninstall OpenOffice, I wanted to uninstall MS Office 2000. Is the procedure the same?
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Temporary Saint wrote:But I didn't want to uninstall OpenOffice, I wanted to uninstall MS Office 2000. Is the procedure the same?
I think kei84 simply had a brain fart and typed openoffice instead of office 2000 by mistake. Yes the procedure is correct.
Temporary Saint
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Trying to uninstall Office 2000 [Solved - pretty much]

Was able to delete Office 2000 manually, but mintMenu didn't update properly. Have updated a post in the mintMenu forum. Thanks for the help !

Steve

Return to “Software & Applications”