No wireless

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
keithclark

No wireless

Post by keithclark »

I see that Gloria offers no wireless. Strange as Ubuntu 9.04 does with no issues. Anyways...I have no idea how to find my card information, or nor do I want to. Ubuntu oringinal works. Thanks. Carry on.............
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lanrun
Level 3
Level 3

Re: No wireless

Post by lanrun »

I have Mint 7 main edition on my EeePC 901,and am wireless as I write this reply.
Could you describe your problem a bit more specific?
keithclark

Post by keithclark »

Yes, no BCM 43XX driver by default. Ah well. Good attempt.

Keith
keithclark

Post by keithclark »

I hooked up to a wireless connection and installed what was required. Still no luck. It does not see wireless connections. ubuntu does.

Also, from the www.linuxmint.com website, the community, the irc link does not work. it just brings up mysql error messages.

Not good first impressions.

Keith
rovingsign

Post by rovingsign »

I just did my first Mint7 install last night...

To get wireless working - I had to connect via ethernet cable, which instantly prompted me to download/activate a Restricted Broadcom driver...

reboot. make sure "enable wireless" is checked. I forget the exact series of steps from there - "Find wireless networks" or some such language.

But - point is, mine didnt work out of the box either, but the fix seemed simple. Could be a problem if you have no hardwire connection.
oakhilltop
Level 2
Level 2

Post by oakhilltop »

I have a similar problem with the Mint 7 livecd and a Broadcom BCM43xx driver. I opened the control center and selected hardware drivers and tried to activate the BCM driver. It fails with a message saying that jockey backend crashed. I have my laptop connected with a wired connection, until I can get the wireless to work.

Is there a fix for this?
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

The 1st time that I configured my WiFi, it offered to use the propitiatory drivers, i declined, & it didn't work.
since I hadn't done much, I re-installed the whole thing, & this time downloaded the propitiatory drivers.

Then it worked ok.
thats laptop's for you.
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Installation & Boot”