Mint: GRUB troubles

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
4thwall
Level 1
Level 1

Mint: GRUB troubles

Post by 4thwall »

First of All I'd like to say that I've tried allot of different distros, and when it came down to it, my two favorites were Ubuntu and Freespire, Freespire for being good for anything out of the box (propietary), ubuntu for gnome and its easyness to work with. Then I discovered Linux Mint, which had everything Ubuntu has (cause it is in a way ubuntu), and the propietary's already installeed.

Now heres my problems, through all this adding to my linux mint, (especially after adding drivers) there is around 8 selections of linux mint on my grub boot screen, now only one works with everything (the rest for some reason won't connect to the internet), and for some reason when I click control panel on the menu, it won't access it (I can live with that). :cry: What should I do?!

EDIT by scorp123 (forum moderator): Please keep such different topics in different threads. There is one sub-forum where you can praise Mint if you like it and tell clem what a great job he has done ... and then there are sub-forums where you can post your technical problems. Squeezing everything into one posting + in the wrong order is confusing for others and hard to read and likely will greately delay the time it takes until someone finds the solution for your troubles ... :wink:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint, 4thwall
Please post in the proper forum (Our moderator will certainly move the post)
There are some alternatives on "the grub screen" but 8?
There is normal and recovery mode for each kernel and memtest at the most five.
Have you "upgraded" to Feisty? That gives one more kernel
What are the alternatives and which one works for you? Or does it?
Please be more specific, like when I boot with that kernel I can do that, but not when I boot with another kernel (kernels specified)
Gnome or KDE? Should not affect grub, but...
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Please write subject lines that are informative and tell people quickly what your thread is about :wink:

Topic moved into the support section. :wink:
4thwall
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 4thwall »

I reinstalled Mint, I fixed, thanks anyway!

Return to “Installation & Boot”