Alternatives to Brasero?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
odinmint

Alternatives to Brasero?

Post by odinmint »

Hi all,

I've been getting consistent errors when burning ISO images in Brasero, and it appears that the bug is documented elsewhere.

The error shows at the end of the burn on the "check integrity" phase ("error while burning, some files may be corrupted"), so there is no quick and easy way to know for certain if the burn was 100% successful.

I don't want to install non-gnome apps like k3b; are there "good" gnome alternatives to Brasero?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kei84

Re: Alternatives to Brasero?

Post by kei84 »

It`s wierd. I never had any problem with brasero. I love it. In my opinion is one of the best burner out there.

If you wanna use gnome-apps I suggest gnome-baker.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Go into Brasero and turn off the plugins and the errors will stop.
odinmint

Post by odinmint »

Thanks for the suggestions!
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Depending on your desktop choice, or the will to install dependencies K3B and XFburn works perfectly.
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
pewterbot9

Post by pewterbot9 »

Brasero worked fine for me, burning to DVD-R, but it wrecked my first attempt to burn a DVD-RW. So I looked around for another burner, and found the Nautilus CD/DVD creator. Works like a charm. (Listed under synaptics as "nautilus-cd-burner".) Obviously, you also need the nautilus file manager installed...don't know if Mint has that by default, I've yet to install that distro, but will do so tonight. I presently have eeebuntu-3.01 running on my 1000HA netbook.
odinmint

Post by odinmint »

Thanks, guys!

Return to “Software & Applications”