OpenAstro.org Astrology Program

Contribute DEB packages
Forum rules
No support questions here please

OpenAstro.org Astrology Program

Postby laofzu on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:24 am

I would like to see this package added to the Mint repository. It is a very easy to use, and produces attractive Astrology charts. Also, there are very few Linux Astrology programs, and adding this would make one less program someone needs to use Windows for. There are already .deb files for Ubuntu 9.04, 8.10 and 8.04 available from the web site at:

www.openastro.org.

The program works fine in Linux Mint 7 as I have it installed, and use it on a regular basis with no problems.

BTW, I love the new Linux Mint 7 Gloria release. It is definitely the best Linux distribution available for easy install and use.
laofzu
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: OpenAstro.org Astrology Program

Postby emorrp1 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:19 pm

They do provide an ubuntu repo (for auto updates etc.), you should be able to follow the instructions for Jaunty to use it on Gloria, and you'd be better off asking them to get it into the main ubuntu repos, so that it benefits everyone on a ubuntu-based distro and reduces duplication of effort.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Postby Dannychad on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:40 am

I would like to see this package added to the Mint repository. It is a very easy to use, and produces attractive Astrology charts. Also, there are very few Linux Astrology programs, and adding this would make one less program someone needs to use Windows for. There are already .deb files for Ubuntu 9.04, 8.10 and 8.04 available from the web site at:

I think that if Astrology programs are run, so most of the people will grateful about this things.

Thanks for your topic.
Dannychad
Level 1
Level 1

Postby hasuin on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:05 am

The version 1.1.24 deb packages developed for Ubuntu also install very well on LMDE, Mint Xfce, #! or Debian.
Just download from http://www.openastro.org/?Download#Ubuntu
Enjoy!
hasuin
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Packages