Buttons, Banners and other Graphic Resources

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
reverend_nerd

Buttons, Banners and other Graphic Resources

Post by reverend_nerd »

Just to properly open a thread to exchange and propose graphic material to promote Linux Mint.

I believe this topic can be used in a really open manner, as a place to propose new wallpapers, buttons, webpage buttons, banners, stickers, t-shirts, mugs, and every little kind of thing you can imagine to print the little LM leaf.

Just to open the topic, I'll give you what I've made so far in the replies to the announcement created by Clem.

First, I made a series of website buttons (80x15 pixels):
1. Image

2. Image

3. Image

And also, I presented more recently a 180x60 pixels web banner. But, this idea is still under development and creative working :P

I'm trying to work more closely to the raw colors of the loading screen on the Mint 7 Gloria (which I think is slick and sexy).
Also, it's noteworthy a quote from Zwopper
Zwopper wrote:And not to toot my own horn here, but it would probably be nice to base the promotional material for Gloria on Mint Dew, to keep the look and user experience professional and uniform.
Keeping things simple and similar is always a good thing when you talk about promotion.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Buttons, Banners and other Graphic Resources

Post by Carl »

I do like your "Taste Linux Mint" slogan I'm imagining one of those large coffee cups with the logo on now =] maybe with a sachet of mint infused instant hot chocolate :D
reverend_nerd

Post by reverend_nerd »

ahhh double post!

But I needed to tell you! I did it! I got the banner the way I wanted to!
Now I can change everything in it, the color of the logo, the color of the background, the text! It's just a matter of asking for the colors (like a pale grey or a blue KDE style)! :D

Also, the banner no longer has that "shadow" effect of the logos Clem gave us. The colors are solid, straightforward, just like the splash loading screen!

Have a look!

Good night to you all!
Jay514

Post by Jay514 »

I posted this banner too the orginal post but will repost here since reverend_nerd has Banners listed in the topic I think this is the correct place.

Here is another banner from one of my wallpapers, I tried to keep it simple, just another Idea. I admit I think I am better at photography than I am at graphics.
GreenMossMintLogoWork9.8.png
Edit: Updated once more , more change for this one, I think it looks better :roll: ,Comments or suggestions please.
Last edited by Jay514 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
ayonkhan

Post by ayonkhan »

Userbars
Perfect for signature on Internet discussion forums.

# 01

# 02

# 03

/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11403#p69804
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

Benni Jay wrote:In my opinion we definately need a new site where these great banners and buttons can redirect to,
a real promotional page on linuxmint.com, with a short introduction text and screenshots.
The homepage is great, but if you want to get users who never heard of any linux distributions you need
to get a page with concentrated information, pro and contra of linux mint and a load of screenshots.
There's not enough information about the actual OS on linuxmint.com, if you never had a linux in your life.
Yep Agreed +1 :D
laofzu
Level 2
Level 2

Post by laofzu »

I have a button maker to make buttons, badges, etc. Does anyone have any Linux Mint artwork in a 2 1/2 circle format? Especially nice would be something based on the new "Gloria" background. I could probably do it myself, but if someone already has done so, I will use their work with their permission.
professorsnapper

Post by professorsnapper »

Carl wrote:
Benni Jay wrote:In my opinion we definately need a new site where these great banners and buttons can redirect to,
a real promotional page on linuxmint.com, with a short introduction text and screenshots.
The homepage is great, but if you want to get users who never heard of any linux distributions you need
to get a page with concentrated information, pro and contra of linux mint and a load of screenshots.
There's not enough information about the actual OS on linuxmint.com, if you never had a linux in your life.
Yep Agreed +1 :D
Benni Jay, Carl,

I agree - this is very much the point that RedWagon and others (incl. me) have made in various posts - see here for one example (also under "promotion sub-forum):
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=26990

I hope the LM "core crew" actually read these comments re: the LM website, see the sense in them, and begin to take steps to act on them... Husse, Clem, I'm looking at you ;)

Snapper.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

professorsnapper wrote:I hope the LM "core crew" actually read these comments re: the LM website, see the sense in them, and begin to take steps to act on them... Husse, Clem, I'm looking at you ;)
Don't worry, they definitely do - http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=27015 as an example
raffamaiden

Post by raffamaiden »

i definitively propose to collect all these banners, user bars, buttons exc.. to a page on the site (maybe under Project menu?) so if anyone wants to use it they are easily obtainable. in the forum they tend to scatter

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”