Linux Mint server

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ythe1300
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint server

Post by ythe1300 »

I want to run what is basically a LAMP server using Mint, I was just wondering if there where any suggested programs that I should run. also if anyone knows of GUI frontends for apache, or postfx I would love to hear about them.

Thanks in advance,
Phil
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Re: Linux Mint server

Post by DataMan »

Phil,

You are aware that you can run a LAMP in a desktop environment also? If this is of interest to you I have a small (as in very small) tutorial on my website for easy installation of LAMP ... end of the commercial ... :) .

To your question at hand, for MySQL, my choice over the years has been phpMyAdmin. It's a web-based full-featured admin for MySQL.

Hope this helps,

DataMan
ythe1300
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ythe1300 »

Thanks DataMan,

But I was really looking for a GUI for the SQL, and Mail.
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

Sorry, I can't help you there as I do all of my coding directly vs any GUI interface. There are a number of ide's out there that have various tools and aids embedded. Again, I use a straight text editor (gedit or kate) for my coding so I can't recommend any of these tools.

If you don't get a response here in a reasonable time, you might want to swing over to the Programming board in Ubuntu for assistance.

Good Luck,

DataMan
ythe1300
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ythe1300 »

Thanks DataMan,

I Will go look through the Ubuntu forums and see if I can find anything. :)

Return to “Software & Applications”