Firefox add-on 'Smart Bookmarks Bar' doesn't work on Mint 7

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chouf

Firefox add-on 'Smart Bookmarks Bar' doesn't work on Mint 7

Post by chouf »

Hi,

I've just migrated from Ubuntu Jaunty.

I've reinstalled my favorites FF add-ons and I'm surprised to see that the Smart Bookmarks Bar doesn't work.
It looks correctly installed as I can see it in the list of add-on, access its preferences etc; but the shortcuts on my bookmarks bar are not minimized as they should be (which is the purpose of this add-on).

Add-on page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4072

Any idea what could cause the problem?

Tx

chouf
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Firefox add-on 'Smart Bookmarks Bar' doesn't work on Mint 7

Post by Husse »

I just tested and it worked - but the restart of Firefox did not work as it should - I had to find this again....
Aging Technogeek

Re: Firefox add-on 'Smart Bookmarks Bar' doesn't work on Mint 7

Post by Aging Technogeek »

I have had trouble with smart bookmarks in Mint 7, Mint6 (main edition and XFCE), and Windows. Sometimes it installs and works fine, other times it installs but will not work. I can find no pattern in this, except that if it works once, it will always work for that particular computer and that specific OS installation. I have had it working fine in Mint 6 , done a reinstall of the same OS and had complete failure.

I finally just quit using Smart Bookmarks in Linux and changed to Wraparound Bookmark bar. This gives up to 3 lines of bookmarks instead of the standard 1 but it is available only in Linux,

Return to “Software & Applications”