New To Fluxbox...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gunmetal_Ghoul

Re: New To Fluxbox...

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

This may sound strange but how can you take out that teensy little Gnome icon on the top right-hand corner in Thunar? It's been annoying me for some reason. Also, I cannot seem to find the "Toggle Desktop Effects" exec. in the menu or the editor when I could've sworn I clicked on it when I first tried the live CD. If not, does anyone have the code I can use?
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

'Toggle Desktop Effects' is under System Tools... regenerate your menu if it does no appear... this will remove any changes you made in the autogenerated menu. Else, look in /usr/share/applications for the Toggle desktop Effects icon. It should work just as well.

As for the Thunar foot icon... there should be a way... but I don't know of it right now... you could google for it.
Gunmetal_Ghoul

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

Just for an update I am using Elyssa's GNOME edition and just got an EEE 701 (the 8GB version) and have made my decision to put Cruncheee on it. I'll be giving away my old laptop soon and just use the EEE as my main computer. It's honestly all I really need--not even my music collection is all that large. Well, I enjoyed using Fluxbox and hope the best for this CE. Thanks....
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Gunmetal_Ghoul wrote:This may sound strange but how can you take out that teensy little Gnome icon on the top right-hand corner in Thunar? It's been annoying me for some reason.
This is because the icon theme that you're using either refers to the standard Gnome theme, or uses it's own "spinner", the original Gnome one can be found here: /usr/share/icons/gnome/16x16/animations/
The solutions are either to use an icon theme that doesn't have this folder, or simply delete it.
Many icon themes do NOT have this folder, and a small percent of them point to the folder above, the solution would be to delete the folder above, or like I said, use another icon theme.
You have to logout and log back in for this change to take effect, or refresh the icon cache.
Last edited by Zwopper on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
Gunmetal_Ghoul

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

I'm back. I tried Cruncheee and found out that after I boot it the screen just scrambles after the progress bar finishes up. So I wanted to see if Mint Fluxbox would work and support the EEE Pc's hardware. I booted it live and found out that my wireless and my volume control didn't work, as a start. Is there a Linux Mint that would work w/ the 701 out of the box while being lightweight?
nahkranoth

Post by nahkranoth »

Hi i got one simple question- how to actually disable menu auto regeneration? I want to organize it by my self but i dont want to lose entire work when it wil regenerate itself.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

the menu only regenerates if it doesnt find an existing menu for fluxbox... or if you enable or disable menu icons.

http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/Mint-fm2
linuxfreak003

Post by linuxfreak003 »

Hey every so i know the topic kind of changed and stuff but I'm trying to get the volume buttons to work withing fluxbox.. I tried what it said in an earlier comment to install aumix and it worked fine... except that the vol+ button lowers the volume and the vol- button raises the volume. It's better than before though.. before just by editing the ~/.fluxbox/keys file I got only the toggle button to work. I'm wondering if I need to change something in the keys file again or if I need to change something in some aumix config file or something.. ...or just scratch the + into a - and add whiteout to turn the - into a +. :P
linuxfreak003

Post by linuxfreak003 »

Hey everyone.. nevermind.. completely noob mistake! :P I didn't notice till I tried to change the from specifying the key number to putting the key name that I simply had them in there backwards... Sorry!

Return to “Software & Applications”