Install Mint Gloria KDE over Kubuntu Jaunty

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
speedyx

Install Mint Gloria KDE over Kubuntu Jaunty

Post by speedyx »

I have an installed and working well kubuntu jaunty.
I wish to switch to Mint.
What do you think about adding to kubuntu a file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mint.list with the Mint's sources.list ?
What packages do you suggest I should install to have a gloria-kde?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Install Mint Gloria KDE over Kubuntu Jaunty

Post by Husse »

Don't do it (yet)
No Gloria KDE exists even if a first RC probably is just round the corner
It would then be possible to install the meta packages, but you won't get a full Gloria KDE that way
speedyx

Post by speedyx »

Thank you Husse!
I love KDE and used it on debian, fedora, ubuntu... all gnome distro by default. So Mint is. :oops: Sig! :cry:
speedyx

Post by speedyx »

Why I should install a lot of gnome packages that I will purge?

OpenSuse is out of my range of prefered distro. Mepis is not actualized. Kubuntu is full of bug. Mandriva was full of bug, but now I don't know. PCLinuxOS .. I don't know. Maybe fedora (I have experienced selinux problems)
I left debian unstable for the long freeze and for the fact it is not a distro desktop-oriented. Too many enterprise packages and configurations installed out of the box.
I like Mint for the simplicity, but for beginner kde user I suggest pardus, that is KDE centric, even not so actualized and not debian.

I wish a debian based kde actualized distro. I like the Mint philosophy, the Mint community, and I wish to wait for the next kde gloria. I want to contribute, but I haven't time.
Husse

Post by Husse »

If you install the kubuntu-desktop you don't get a Minty taste
terdon

Post by terdon »

@WildSioux:

How did you install kde? Just by selecting "kubuntu_desktop"? That results in a broken desktop for me. KDE seems to be installed and I can log in but I can't click on anything... See my post here.

Return to “Software & Applications”