Mint 7 Sound Issue

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sasafrass452

Mint 7 Sound Issue

Post by Sasafrass452 »

I've upgraded to Gloria with a fresh installation, & I STILL have the same problem.... no shutdown sound. I thought it was supposed to be fixed? Of course, I had to install some ALSA packages & esound to make my startup sound work, but I still get that annoying beep when I shutdown/reboot. I'm very disappointed about this, since I had been waiting anxiously for this upgrade in the hopes that it would be fixed. I can only guess that my sound card isn't fully compatible, but I can't see why. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sasafrass452

Re: Mint 7 Sound Issue

Post by Sasafrass452 »

I hate to be a pain in the butt, but if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it! My email notification sound also is not working properly, it gets cut off at the end. Installing the esound package used to help, but now it doesn't work. If there's anything I can do, please help!
agmcclard

Post by agmcclard »

I too did a fresh install of Mint 7 and had no sound. I have not installed any other applications other than adobe flash. This may or may not be your problem but I went into synaptic and found where I had installed adobe flashed and noticed flashplugin-nonfree was also installed. I uninstalled the non free and rebooted and I now have sound. Like I said not sure if that is your problem but it was on my gateway laptop. Good luck!
armagedon51

Post by armagedon51 »

I have the same issue (Audigy 2). Sounds works flawlessly though on install.
The startup sound is fine but the shutdown sound does not play. I also got that random number of beeps on shutdown too.
A couple of system sounds (i.e trash can etc...) that I remap do not play either .

It is not a main issue though as all the audio works just great beside that.
Sasafrass452

Post by Sasafrass452 »

That's not my problem, but installing esound only partially helped. Still no shutdown sound....
agmcclard wrote:I too did a fresh install of Mint 7 and had no sound. I have not installed any other applications other than adobe flash. This may or may not be your problem but I went into synaptic and found where I had installed adobe flashed and noticed flashplugin-nonfree was also installed. I uninstalled the non free and rebooted and I now have sound. Like I said not sure if that is your problem but it was on my gateway laptop. Good luck!
Sasafrass452

Post by Sasafrass452 »

Glad I'm not the only one! This is clearly an issue that should've been dealt with even before Felicia was released! I have a soundblaster card which I assumed would be compatible, but perhaps not. I'm thinking of trying a different card.... I can play music & videos, but my shutdown, email(partially), & Yoono(Firefox addon) sounds don't work. No clue why....
armagedon51 wrote:I have the same issue (Audigy 2). Sounds works flawlessly though on install.
The startup sound is fine but the shutdown sound does not play. I also got that random number of beeps on shutdown too.
A couple of system sounds (i.e trash can etc...) that I remap do not play either .

It is not a main issue though as all the audio works just great beside that.

Return to “Software & Applications”