Ram.php files, How to get them to work?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

for realplayer look at:
http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... yer&t=1444

http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ayer&t=118

you just have to install it.
maybe it should be put back in for mint 3.0.
but maybe it is a licensing thing...

:D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

I used to use Bea and had a lot of audio play automatically using Realplayer when it came to "ram.php" files, but now with Bianca I'm having problems with these audio formats.
A *.php file isn't an audio format, it's basically HTML (web page code) with enhanced scripting features. These are processed by a PHP webpage server, not a media player directly.

I believe you're referring to *.ram files, which are RealPlayer's streaming media format. They're small files that contain information about the location of the actual audio or video files (e.g. *.ra or *.rm files). You can download *.ram files onto your PC, but an Internet connection is needed to access the media files online in real-time, either by a web-savvy media player or a web browser that can feed the audio/video data stream to a compatible media player.

At the moment I'm not running Mint, so I can't do tests for a more specific reply.

One thing you can try is to copy-and-paste the online audio link directly into RealPlayer. Open both your web browser and the RealPlayer media player. At the Harry Shearer site, do a right-click on the audio link and select Copy Link Location with your browser, then do a paste into RealPlayer's File > Open Location URL box.

------
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

Mplayer simply does not play them.
I just did a fresh install of Bianca. I have no problem listening to the Harry Shearer online audio, using the Mplayer plugin that Mint has (pre)installed for Firefox.

------

Return to “Sound”