subprocess post-removal script returned error code 1

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

subprocess post-removal script returned error code 1

Post by Husse »

I can't get my multifunction Brother to scan so I thought I'd remove the driver and (x)sane. Sane is gone but when I try to remove the driver I get this message:
"E: brscan2: underprocess post-removal script gav felkod 1"
I have the swedish localized version and it should translate to:"E: brscan2: subprocess post-removal script returned error code 1"
Now I can't get rid of the driver and a search did not give much. I can roll back yesterdays version from my backup disk image so it's no big deal, but I want to be able to reinstall it and sane in the hope of getting it working.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

yepp - tried Mark for Complete Removal (synaptics) and autoremove. However purge remove reveals the error. I've removed sane before brscan, but as the removal script wants sane there i get the error. (tries to remove /usr/local/Brother/sane/GrayCmData/ wich obviously was removed when sane was removed)
Well I think I'll recover my last backup and remove brscan first, because as it is I don't think it's possible.... unless I find and edit the script :)
Husse

moment 22

Post by Husse »

Well after recovering the disk image of the day before yesterday I get the same error.
I.e. if I remove sane before I try to remove the Brother driver I get an error regarding /usr/local/Brother/sane/GrayCmData/ and a few others like it.
AND I get the same error if I don't remove sane first :(

Return to “Other topics”