cannot get a wifi connection?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
geordiejohn

cannot get a wifi connection?

Post by geordiejohn »

hello i have just installed mint but no matter what i try i cannot get a wifi connection to my home network?
i really want to stay with mint as it looks great but without an internet connection it will be no good to me.
i have got a dell 1501 inspiron laptop and when i click on network it says unable to mount location ?
any ideas please?
thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
emorrp1

Re: cannot get a wifi connection?

Post by emorrp1 »

Is your network listed when you click on the little network icon on the panel? The Network folder will only work once you're connected, then it'll show any windows shares available. You might also need to use mintWifi to configure the right driver.

Return to “Beginner Questions”