[Solved] Multimedia apps - thank you all for your help!

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iironjade
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Multimedia apps

Post by iironjade »

mikeinjapan wrote:Hi everybody, I've just started using Mint after using Windows and Apple software for, say, 15 years or so ... anyway, Linux Mint looked good to me (as, to be honest, did Knoppix and some others), but I can't find any applications that really match the -- in my view and experience -- flawless performance of Windows-based multimedia software like DVD Shrink, Imgburn, or Isobuster ... are there equivalents that are equally easy to use, and equally efficient? As you may have gathered, I'm not a 'religious' Linux user, but I like to have what I want to believe is a reliable -- and possibly, more reliable -- alternative to Windows ... well, any reply to this rather stupid question is highly appreciated!
DeVeDe and K3b are as good as any Windows apps. They don't have the whistles and bells of commercial programs like Nero etc., but so what? :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming."
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

VLC is the catch-all player for multimedia content, but it's not known for its pretty interface. If it's editing software you're after, you may want to check out Ubuntu Studio.
kei84

Post by kei84 »

For watching multimedia file I suggest VLC. Its interface is not attractive but you can download some skins to change it.

For burning CD/DVD, you can use Brasero or Gnomebaker. Both have simple interface and are easy to use.

You can also use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter under Wine. They work fine.
mbjbdc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mbjbdc »

also winff,k9copy,dvd95,

Return to “Beginner Questions”