LinuxMint7 won't run at all [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
trident

Re: LinuxMint7 won't run at all

Post by trident »

Do you perhaps have a PCI network card? I had a problem with similar symptoms, plus flashing LEDs on my keyboard after the lockup. After changing just about everything I could think of, I finally realised that it was my wireless card causing this, and booting without it worked fine. Just a thought.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trident

Post by trident »

Have you tried booting without the wifi card? That solved the problem for me, then once I had a working system I used "Windows Wireless Drivers" to install the driver, turned off and plugged the card back in, then turned the computer back on again and had working wifi!
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

In addition to "compatibility mode," have you tried to press the tab key and enter a new boot parameter? I have had to use both "compatibility mode" and vga=791 in the boot parameter. Once I did that, everything worked just fine. It is worth trying. Good luck.

Some codes for standard screens:
vga=788 for 800x600
vga=791 for 1024x768
vga=794 for 1280x1024
vga=797 for 1600x1200
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3

Return to “Installation & Boot”