Amarok crashes during synch

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AshtheFlash

Amarok crashes during synch

Post by AshtheFlash »

Hey all,

Newbie here but thought this was best posted in relevant area. I have Mint 7 up and running and am trying to load the contents of my Ipod onto my hard disk. I've installed Amarok successfully and it loads OK.

I can load MP3's from my Hard drive to the Ipod Ok but when I try and load the contents of my ipod (about 80gig) Amarok just stops. I reset and look at my hard drive and it has setup folders for some of the ipod contents in the right spot so I assumed it just needed more time. I left it overnight to continue but this morning it hadn't finished. I just had more folders with no contents. Should it take this long to download 80Gig?

I remember it taking a few hours to upload this data to my Ipod from windows.

Should I A) just leave it longer ie days
B) Reinstall Amarok
C) make some sort of adjustment?

Help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ash
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kei84

Re: Amarok crashes during synch

Post by kei84 »

Are you using Amarok 2 or 1.4?

Amarok 1.4 integrates better with iPod than Amarok 2. That`s one of the reason I still use the old version of Amarok.

You can download the deb files here http://packages.debian.org/sid/amarok
AshtheFlash

Post by AshtheFlash »

Thanks Kei,

Yeah I'm using 2... one suggestion I saw on a forum was to use gtkpod for the synching and Amarok for the rest.

I'll unistall 2 and see how the 1.4 version goes first.

Cheers

Ash
kei84

Post by kei84 »

Just remember,

you have to uninstall any instance of Amarok before isntalling another version.

To install Amarok 1.4 from the link I gave you, download amarok_1.4.10-3+b1_i386, amarok-common_1.4.10-3_all, amarok-engine-xine_1.4.10-3+b1_i386, amarok-engine-yauap_1.4.10-3+b1_i386 and libmtp8_0.3.7-7_i386.

Return to “Software & Applications”