Mac4Lin - Mac transformation pack for GNOME

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Garibaldi

Re: Mac4Lin - Mac transformation pack for GNOME

Post by Garibaldi »

Thanks for the info!
urosg3

Post by urosg3 »

I due my best for Mac4Lin, but I make some tweaks, over it. I use Icons, but I prefer T-ish pack of Tony Milovan.Then Emereald offers some great Mac theme. Whatever, this is great project and I wish you all the best.

Cheers
infra_red_dude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by infra_red_dude »

Thanks guys :)
infra_red_dude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by infra_red_dude »

I'm very happy to announce that Mac4Lin has been declared as one of the finalists at Sourceforge.net Community Awards 2009 in the Best Visual Design category. The final phase of voting began today and will run till July 20th 2009. Please vote for Mac4Lin, if you feel it deserves to be voted. To vote click on this image:

http://sf.net/community/cca09/vote/?f=414

Optionally, you can also click on the first box in the right frame on my blog. You do not need to Sourceforge.net login id. All you need is a valid email id. Each vote is associated with an email id, which needs confirmation that you actually voted (you will get an email giving a confirmation link, so all you need to do is click it). The whole voting process takes just 3 clicks.

I urge patrons to vote for Mac4Lin if they feel it should win. Mac4Lin is completing with projects like Xbox Media Center (XBMC) etc. I once again thank everyone for their continued support, feedback and appreciation. Mac4Lin exists today because of you all :) Do spread the word around about this.
tawan

Post by tawan »

yep, already voted :)
infra_red_dude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by infra_red_dude »

Thank you so much :)
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

I assume it runs quicker than a real MAC, which every time I have tried it in a MAC store has been slow, mouse drags, especially on their notebooks..
--also not into MACs', find Linux KDE 4x or Gnome and the various distribution to be more than sufficient..
tawan

Post by tawan »

DrHu wrote:I assume it runs quicker than a real MAC, which every time I have tried it in a MAC store has been slow, mouse drags, especially on their notebooks..
--also not into MACs', find Linux KDE 4x or Gnome and the various distribution to be more than sufficient..
....It's a "theme"
siouxzieq

Post by siouxzieq »

Thanks very much for Mac4Lin, I saw it on you tube and was eager to down load and try it, have just upgraded to Linux mint a few days ago and grabed mac4lin from sourceforge this morning, I unzipped it and ran the installer as per instructions, got the Mac4Lin installation complete message, logged off and back in went to open the downloaded pdf for more instructions but couldn't open any of my downloads and then couldn't open synaptic or software manager. Went back to sourceforge and got the pdf again, thought maybe the manual install bits had something to do with it, but when I looked in preferences/appearance there were no mac4lin themes !!? any ideas as to what I need to do? many thanks
infra_red_dude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by infra_red_dude »

Oh, I'm not sure if something has changed in Linux Mint. But can you open nautilus (file manager) and type ~/.themes in the location bar and see if there are any Mac4Lin themes?
siouxzieq

Post by siouxzieq »

Sorry but still a newbie and only nautilus I can find is nautilus actions configuration and don't see a file manager anywhere!!? But today can open software and package manager!! Still no mac4lin themes in appearances though. Maybe I should just try installing it again or forget wanting a mac and settle with Mint desktop :) tawan is right it's a theme......
infra_red_dude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by infra_red_dude »

You should run the script as a normal user not root. Yes, open nautilus and in the location bar type: ~/.themes
infra_red_dude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by infra_red_dude »

Mac4Lin 1.0 Documentation is now uploaded. It can be downloaded from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mac4li ... f/download

It includes updated instructions to get that perfect Mac OS X look and also additional tweaks. I'd like to thank Hardin and Jeff for their contribution :)
infra_red_dude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by infra_red_dude »

Mac4Lin featured in the current issue of ComputerWorld alongwith similar projects: http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com/2009/09 ... world.html
infra_red_dude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by infra_red_dude »

Mac4Lin is one of Lifehacker's Most Popular Linux Posts of 2009! It feels really good when you see your project figure on one of the Web's most popular tech websites! A big THANK YOU for all the support and appreciation :)

The author writes: "Mac4Lin Gives Linux Desktops the Complete Mac Look It really, really does. If you don't mind the obvious break in your your free-as-in-speech fidelity, it's a pretty nice setup." Full story: http://lifehacker.com/5428052/most-popu ... ts-of-2009 (Mac4Lin is listed just above Jolicloud and Chrome OS)
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

That's great.
I couldn't find it at first since there wasn't a pic.
It's under Elisa is a Simple, Streamlined Media Center.
Here is the link to the popular post.
http://lifehacker.com/5290955/mac4lin-g ... e-mac-look
vassilianna

Post by vassilianna »

ok, i tried it (again),installed emerald aqua 1.0 but i can't find the theme manager to turn the "traffic lights" to right.
infra_red_dude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by infra_red_dude »

Just download the documentation from Mac4Lin's sourceforge.net page. It has instructions on how to do it.
infra_red_dude
Level 2
Level 2

Post by infra_red_dude »

Just an update, Mac4Lin SVN has been updated with a new version of GTK Themes' and GTK Icons' directories. They are compatible with the latest version of GNOME and distributions like Ubuntu, Fedora etc.

To download everything goto this page: http://mac4lin.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mac4lin/ and on the botton click on "Download Tarball". If you however want to download specific components (like GTK_Theme etc.) then goto that directory and download the specific tarball. To install, you can follow any guide available online to install either the GTK theme or the GTK Icon theme.

I am yet to make a formal release, but those who want to experiment with the latest version and file bugs are welcome to do so :)
MitoDiablo

Post by MitoDiablo »

im having trouble installing the mac4lin V1.0 i cant get the menu at the bottom of the screen to appear all I get is the standard Linux mint bar (Totally ruins the look!!)

Return to “Your Artwork”