Newb needs help!

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RedWagon

Re: Newb needs help!

Post by RedWagon »

Depending on your BIOS, booting to a USB drive could be hard/impossible. Also performance will really suffer so installing on an internal is a much better way to go and easier to fix if something goes wrong.
simple as a snail
confused?...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

Quite plainly, he wants an answer that is complicated and twisted, even spiraling, that goes nowhere fast, and needs lots of butter and garlic.
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

mp.mercer wrote:well for one snails are simple shell and slime ball but any how
I was thinking "easily digestable in small packages".
see heres the issue i have to have ultimate for "work" cause they dont want anything else for "security reasons" which is bull cause come on its microsoft.
Work insists you use Vista Ultimate. Fine. Install it internally. Install Mint internally on a seperate partition. Use the external drive for data storage. Problems solved. Lots of good walkthroughs online for "dual boot vista linux", more than I can shake a snail-laden-stick at.

Return to “Beginner Questions”