Mint menu won't close after selection [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yahtzeek9

Mint menu won't close after selection [SOLVED]

Post by yahtzeek9 »

The Mint menu won't close after a selection is made. I have to click away from the menu to get it to close. I had the same problem in Mint 5 but now I am using Mint 7 Gloria. I just dealt with it before the upgrade but found it quite annoying. The menu used to go away after you click on an application but now it just sits there open. I searched the forums and found nothing. I don't know How or Why this keeps happening. I haven't changed any of the configs in the menu. Is this just a bug? Please help me with this annoying problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Mint menu won't close after selection

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Try the fixes here:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... e.#p105386

The post is old but the fixes may still work.
yahtzeek9

Re: Mint menu won't close after selection

Post by yahtzeek9 »

Wow, Thanks for the reply so quickly. The gconf-editor fixed the problem. I had to logout and back in but after that everything was fine. The problem was very frustrating to say the least

I absolutely love the community around Linux and Mint specifically. People like you make any minor problems I have worth dealing with.

Return to “Beginner Questions”