Linux Democracy

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Linux Democracy

Post by npap »

Hello everybody,

Have you ever seen any other occasion where so many people, from many countries, are willing to help shape up the next distro of Mint?
Suggestions, offers for help and the very democratic way that Clem handles everything; willing to change things by accepting all useful ideas.
Everybody chips in.

It seems that the next Mint will be the work of many people, by the people and for the people.
This is really Linux Democracy!
Greetings, npap
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Alephcat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Alephcat »

yes, I have to agree this is by far and away the best way to create a Linux distro
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

I would absolutely love to be able to help. Unfortunately, I'm not very knowledgable in the ways of Linux. If you know of something that needs to be done, and I'm able, I'm more than willing to help.
starkey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by starkey »

Yes, I agree; One of my new year purposes, is begin to program in Linux(probably in Phyton). :D :D :D :D :D
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

If that was the case I'd probably be more selective in the subforums I participate in. Of course if the number of posts in the forum was 20 times what it is now, I wouldn't be able to read every single thing.. as I do now. I'd probably stop reading and answering in the Support subforums and let the community support itself.

Having said that, more than half of the ideas that were implemented to make Linux Mint what it is now came from these forums. This is the best feedback and the best way Linux Mint has to continuously improve itself. So it would be a very bad thing for me not to read what people say and miss precious ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Clem
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

If that was the case you'd probably organize a team, in charge of reading everything and reporting to you: one the developed ideas, one other all the suggestions and a last one the feedback of the members of the forum.

And once a week you'd publish the "Clement Time" - Newsletter :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, we all would be clement with your time management 8)
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

katasuka wrote:this is a little off topic but i think linux mint needs its own repo for its software that isnt included in the ubuntu repos.

Code: Select all

deb http://lt.k1011.nutime.de/repository edgy main
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I'm talking to Josh via PM, who offered to give a hand on the repos so we're working on that at the moment... dependency problems, "Ubuntu" entries in grub, "edgy" or "bianca" distribution for the repository.

Also Michael is working on the server to see if we can migrate and update our DNS. The fact that we're still pointing at nutime.de is a risk for the release of Bianca (which sources.list will have to point at linuxmint.com).

So all of this is being looked at closely at the moment.

Clem
rfruth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rfruth »

I've been using Ubuntu for a year, just started using Bea and wow ! I'm impressed, what can I do to help out around here ?
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

You can install all the mint... tools that get released for Bianca and help us test them, post found bugs and suggestions on how to improve them.

Otherwise: http://linuxmint.com/get_involved.html

Clem

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”