[confirmed] mintUpload 3.3.3: Dialog window expanding

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Old Marcus

[confirmed] mintUpload 3.3.3: Dialog window expanding

Post by Old Marcus »

Not sure if this is the fault of the window manager or of MintUpload itself, but occasionally when selecting a service other than default, the window expands diagonally so the bottom edge meets the bottom taskbar and the window is several times bigger than it was. It does not hinder with usage of the program, but it is annoying when it happens.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
emorrp1

Re: mintUplad 3.3.4: Dialog window expanding

Post by emorrp1 »

Hi, we currently do call a (built-in) resize routine after checking for the available space, which is triggered by selecting a new service, in order to display this additional information. It should however only shift the content by up to 3 lines of text depending on how much information is provided by the service, does the huge resize occur before or after this info is displayed. When you say occasionally, is there a specific sequence of events that causes this, or is it something that only occurs occasionally. Can you reproduce this in a fresh system e.g. liveCD or VM? Can you post a screenshot of it, just to be clear of what it's doing?
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

It's a hard one to reproduce as it happens completely randomly. It doesn't happen when you select the default option as far as I know though, only custom services. I'll get a screenshot when I next see it happen.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

huh, just had this happen to me today, is this what yours did? I suspect it's a gtk bug.
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

That's what mine did. So it's a gtk bug then?
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

Well, maybe, I only said that because the way it calls the resize is to ask gtk how big it should be, then use that size. I then thought it could have been a gtk update, but the last one was 17th May for a theming engine, so I'll look into it, see if it's fixable, you can track the progress here: http://github.com/emorrp1/mintupload/issues/#issue/42

Return to “Beginner Questions”