[invalid] Icons not Refreshing at Save

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Icons not Refreshing at Save

Post by altair4 »

Could you describe this situation a little more?

What program is saving the file?
By "icon text" do you mean the actual file name? And why would the file name need to be updated?
And I'm kind of slow today, sorry, but what exactly does this mean :
when I want to make a back up by drag and drop to my flash drive I have to be very careful
Careful to do or avoid what?

If you give us the exact steps to reproduce the problem it may make it clearer.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

Well, it's certainly clear that this has nothing to do with Gloria:
1) it would have been useful to know you were referring to Celtx when you mentioned "a program" in the original post
2) Celtx is not in the repos, it's a stand-alone download, which means it certainly hasn't passed any packaging quality tests, so there's no guarantee it should work as expected. As in windows, third-party software (those not found in repos) is not recommended, and we can't be expected to support it.
3) What makes you think it should update dynamically? What you have described would make sense as Celtx saving the creation date as part of the filename.
4) Nothing you described has anything to do with icon
5) You should post this at the Celtx forums, as anyone there has already installed it. We can't really be expected to compile and install untrusted third-party software just to see if we can reproduce your problem.
6) Don't cross-post (post identical messages in more than one forum topic)
7) You should post first in the support forums as a question, to see if anyone can help you solve it, this forum is specifically for reporting verified bugs, for which you'd need to supply lots more info.
8) I'm sorry if the above sounds harsh, but there's nothing we can do about it, so I can quite safely say, no, this isn't being addressed by Mint, but it may well be by the original developers, so asking them is much more appropriate.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

That's ok, I just meant by all that that you're gonna get more useful help at the Celtx forums. Please can you mark the thread as [INVALID] (in the same way as you would a solved topic - see my sig)

Return to “Beginner Questions”