Quickly change GRUB Picture on Mint Linux - gfxgrub-change

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
laedrus

Quickly change GRUB Picture on Mint Linux - gfxgrub-change

Post by laedrus »

Hey,

I know that this hasn't to do with support, but i developed a tool that i think will help everyone to have a more customized Mint Linux.

As the feedback is low (1 person) on the development forum, i post here for more users(that i think visit more support than devel) see, use, and provide feedback, please reply on the devel original post.

That isn't a stable version but is working fine. With the adjustments i did yesterday

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 89#p161389

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Quickly change GRUB Picture on Mint Linux - gfxgrub-change

Post by Husse »

The picture on the other page looks nice :)
But be warned - a mistake here may stop your PC from booting (but it should be possible to fix from the live CD)
laedrus

Post by laedrus »

Husse, did you observed total GRUB crashing??

What i could observe with the guys trying it is that some pictures works, and some not, worst case is get a grub with black background, but is mentioned on the top of the other post the fix for it (just changing a symlink), hey, good idea, i'll add this option (fix). EDIT : already added on version 0.3.6 =)

But i'm trying to get in touch with guys that know more about grub-gfxboot because is some image specs that i'm missing, is causing some pictures to work, and some not....

Anyone who wants a more easily customized grub is encouraged to test, and if you do, please, help me to figure out what's wrong with some images =)
Husse

Post by Husse »

No I have not observed a total grub crash :)
But edit menu.lst the wrong way and you're in trouble
laedrus

Post by laedrus »

Thanks God! hahaha

But i don't think it's needed to edit menu.lst at all :D

Return to “Installation & Boot”