Drapes not working - lost

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marty510
Level 3
Level 3

Drapes not working - lost

Post by marty510 »

It is installed and has been removed and reinstalled, but I get this message when I try to just put it on my panel(add to panel)>>>>
The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:DrapesApplet".

Then it asks whether or not I want to delete or not
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
monkeyboy

Re: Drapes not working - lost

Post by monkeyboy »

marty510 wrote:It is installed and has been removed and reinstalled, but I get this message when I try to just put it on my panel(add to panel)>>>>

I had a similar problem so I deleted Drapes and went with Wallpaper Tray and had much better luck.
marty510
Level 3
Level 3

Post by marty510 »

I'm using mint7 and have never been able to get wallpaper tray to sow up even after reinstalling it several times. I had wallpaper tray in mint6? Drapes looked pretty cool, but it was used(for awhile)as an alternative to wallpaper tray not appearing. I know with mint6 you'd have to restart your box to get it to show up, but no luck here. I'd use either one, definately.
marty510
Level 3
Level 3

Post by marty510 »

well, I deleted drapes and reinstalled wallpaper tray AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW...............there's wallpaper tray in "add to panel" ,so I added it to the panel. Different than mint6 where it would just show up in the applications list under "graphics".......after a reboot.
Small problem, just didn't know where to look.

Thanks monkeyboy for the clue

marty
marty510
Level 3
Level 3

Post by marty510 »

monkeyboy wrote:
marty510 wrote:It is installed and has been removed and reinstalled, but I get this message when I try to just put it on my panel(add to panel)>>>>

I had a similar problem so I deleted Drapes and went with Wallpaper Tray and had much better luck.
Now I'm at Mint9 and there isn't a "Wallpaper Tray" to be used from the Synaptic package Manager.Tis gone. Same problem as in the quote. Drapes disappears from the panel after I drag and drop as well. Also, when you drag and drop Drapes to the top panel, It doesn't work at all...........no "preferences" menu on a right click. It will work on the bottom panel, for awhile before it's gone.
monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

Hi Marty510
I was in the same boat as you so I tried "wally" from the repositories, its much like the other changers once you get it setup.
monkeyboy
MintHat

Post by MintHat »

Have a look at Wallpaper stacks, it's in the package manager.
marty510
Level 3
Level 3

Post by marty510 »

I started using Wally. Thanks for the info monkeyboy

Return to “Software & Applications”