Firefox 3.5 fixes

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
floweringmind
Level 2
Level 2

Firefox 3.5 fixes

Post by floweringmind »

I have found 2 bugs with Firefox 3.5 and it looks like they aren't going to fix them before release.

1. the url bar drop down text is unreadable. To fix install the addon stylish and then install this style: http://userstyles.org/styles/13324

2. fullscreen flash crashes the browser. This will happen if you installed the latest version of Flash 10 from Adobe. If you are using the flash that came pre-installed with Mint Linux it works fine. If you installed the latest from Adobe, click on the settings and uncheck hardware acceleration.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
emorrp1

Re: Firefox 3.5 fixes

Post by emorrp1 »

1) Is fine with my comp (LinuxMint theme) however it does become an issue with the ShikiMint theme enabled, due to the use of colours, perhaps colours should be disabled by default in the mint packaged version.
2) I've had flash cause plenty of problems all over the place, so no surprises there then.
markcynt

Re: Firefox 3.5 fixes

Post by markcynt »

Although FF 3.5 looks promising. It's not ready for prime time IMO.

Too many add-ons don't work and for me some web pages weren't displaying properly.

I also don't like the fact that they hid the option to block 3rd party cookies.

Return to “Software & Applications”