2 questions (panel and terminal beep)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ancientscribble

2 questions (panel and terminal beep)

Post by ancientscribble »

1. What is the command i need to enter in the "add hotkey" menu that makes the main panel appear and disappear?

2. Is there any way to stop that annoying beep that plays when you make a mistake in the terminal, or try to backspace when there's nothing there etc?
I've tried to listen to music while doing stuff in there and omg it's annoying.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: 2 questions (panel and terminal beep)

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Question 1 I can't help with

Question2, see http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 43#p157058 That should do it.
ancientscribble

Post by ancientscribble »

Thanks!
ashwinhgtx

Post by ashwinhgtx »

Ans1: Why don't you use the Auto hide option or Show Hide arrow option in the panel properties dialogue?
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

mint menu>control center>hardware>sound-->Sounds TAB configure alerts..

Return to “Beginner Questions”