More Vista nonsense ... :-)

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

More Vista nonsense ... :-)

Post by scorp123 »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Interesting.
I'm afraid that if I used Vista I would have to take anger management classes. :evil:
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

In all honesty I fail to see any reason why I would want to switch to Vista ... The more I hear about those new "features" the happier I am that I more or less completely abandoned Microsoft so many years ago ...
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

Hi
Could Linux ISO's burnt in Vista (assuming anybody ever succeeds in burning one) cause problems with Linux install?. or is that the general idea of M$ :)

Nick
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Very interesting reading! My new HP Pavillion a1723w came with Vista Home Premium pre-loaded. The Vista load lasted all of 10 minutes before I permanently wiped out the bloated, slow and annoying operating system! (My opinion.)

My Wife's new Accer laptop also came with Vista Home Premium. My Wife is a gamer and is not quite ready to abandon MS products....

My Wife does have many complaints about Vista;

Slow boot time.

Poor graphics card drivers.

Software incompatibility.

Annoying security pop ups.

Loss of internet connectivity.

My Wife is considering duel booting with Linux. To each their own I guess. Some people seem to like Vista, I just happen to be one that doesn't.The article depicts the kind of problems I have seen.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

exploder wrote:Very interesting reading! My new HP Pavillion a1723w came with Vista Home Premium pre-loaded. The Vista load lasted all of 10 minutes before I permanently wiped out the bloated, slow and annoying operating system! (My opinion.)

My Wife's new Accer laptop also came with Vista Home Premium. My Wife is a gamer and is not quite ready to abandon MS products....

My Wife does have many complaints about Vista;

Slow boot time.

Poor graphics card drivers.

Software incompatibility.

Annoying security pop ups.

Loss of internet connectivity.

My Wife is considering duel booting with Linux. To each their own I guess. Some people seem to like Vista, I just happen to be one that doesn't.The article depicts the kind of problems I have seen.
Vista doesn't have really any problems, the speed is mainly caused by the hardware drivers.
My boot time is about 15 to 20 secs longer than Linux Mint.
Office 2007 apps takes about the same time to load as Open Office apps.

The problems you get with Vista is that everything else hasn't been updated for Vista or are as stable as the XP counterpart.
The drivers aren't stable for no real reason except for laziness they had Vista out for months before you could buy it and still hardware manufactures didn't start writing drivers for it.
Once it starts getting better and more stable apps and drivers it will run as good as XP.
I haven't had Vista crash on me yet and I was a Beta tester, but I keep spending more time in Linux Mint. :D
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Maybe people don't like to change.. after all the main reason people run Windows is because everybody runs Windows...

If everybody runs XP why would you run Vista? :)

Clem
civint
Level 3
Level 3

Post by civint »

Not being a big windows user myself (i dip in and out depending on if I need a fix of rome total war or GTA:vice city....) I don't calim to know about vista, but it has been said about it's software (by my father, a software engineer, who is part of the company that did the wireless for the money laundering scam otherwise known as Gizmondo, the guys behind it who made the company down £1m.... :evil: http://www.micromart.co.uk/features/art ... x?id=23018 ) is that MSOffice2007 apps are similar, as well as the menus, but slightly different, confusing even greybeards of computing (bad name for my dad, he shaved hus grey beard off t'other day...), when all they want to do is turn on the wireless of the laptop.

XP seems to be the OS that most people will stick with, in my experience (unless they have taken a liking to *nix sytems, and can't afford a mac).
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

civint wrote:Not being a big windows user myself (i dip in and out depending on if I need a fix of rome total war or GTA:vice city....) I don't calim to know about vista, but it has been said about it's software (by my father, a software engineer, who is part of the company that did the wireless for the money laundering scam otherwise known as Gizmondo, the guys behind it who made the company down £1m.... :evil: http://www.micromart.co.uk/features/art ... x?id=23018 ) is that MSOffice2007 apps are similar, as well as the menus, but slightly different, confusing even greybeards of computing (bad name for my dad, he shaved hus grey beard off t'other day...), when all they want to do is turn on the wireless of the laptop.

XP seems to be the OS that most people will stick with, in my experience (unless they have taken a liking to *nix sytems, and can't afford a mac).
That's one of the things I don't like it takes for ever to get to what you need.
I will be searching for ever in the new control panel just to find anything, this is why I changed it to classic.
I agree that most people will stick with XP, just not gamers if they want DirectX 10.

Return to “Open Chat”