GBLT Linux based on Linux Mint 7

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Re: GBLT Linux based on Linux Mint 7

Post by Carl »

bretcolin wrote:The testing version for GBLT Linux is ready for download. I love Linux Mint and and art so I decided to create a version for my community. Thank you for your interest. If you have any questions or suggestions please post them here. I look forward to hearing from you.

download: http://www.godnesssakes.com/downloads/g ... ux_iso.zip

Thank you

Bret

Screenshots and some info?? nobody is going to download 700mb's without at least a little more information :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

If you are making your own distro from Linux Mint, you have to remove mint from everything.(ie mint tools)
This means that any package or app with the name mint has to be renamed and rebranded.
There can't be any official wallpapers or logos from Linux Mint.
This is because it's not an official release.
People can't think this is an official version of Linux Mint, since Linux Mint has no control over the release.(quality and software installed)
garda

Post by garda »

Baconizer wrote:This is a joke, right?
Right?
It's for real. :mrgreen:

Anyway my only feedback at the moment is consider putting a symbol for wallpaper instead of a real picture. Haven't actually taken your distro for a spin,though, because I'm not G. And congrats for your first release. :)
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

Baconizer wrote:What makes it LGBT?
I'm just curious, because it doesn't seem like you could "gay-ize" an operating system.
I have to admit I wouldn't use that operating system just because I'm gay :wink:

I can't help but feel like cringing when I see it though :lol:
FrogDemon

Post by FrogDemon »

Ummm, not to flame, but a linux distro that is gay? I think you have the wrong place and OS. You must be thinking of Windows. Windows is the gayest thing ever.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Stop the gay jokes
This is not a community project - topic moved

Return to “Chat about Linux”