Camera Help

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lagagnon

Re: Camera Help

Post by lagagnon »

If you've mounted them and opened Nautilus you navigate to the mount pont in the file browser and you should see them there.
But if you have problems with that the easier way for you might be to download "gtkam" using the Package Manager. That is camera software for retrieving and sorting photos. I think Picasa can retrieve photos also.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
subslug
Level 3
Level 3

Post by subslug »

Nautilus is the file manager in Gnome. If you open your Home folder sitting on your desktop (assuming you haven't moved it) you're opening Nautilus. It's like Windows Explorer
It should have a list of all the mounted devices in the left column.

Another thing I recommended someone else to try is to use F-spot. It's a easy little app to download and organize your photos.
smokeymtn_ron
Level 3
Level 3

Post by smokeymtn_ron »

Another thing I recommended someone else to try is to use F-spot. It's a easy little app to download and organize your photos.
I think subslug has the right idea. I haven't used F-spot with myspace, but I have with flickr and it works great! Even has a drop down menu to export to flickr and a few other ones. Good luck.

(Thanks subslug for telling me about F-spot) :D
subslug
Level 3
Level 3

Post by subslug »

I thought F-spot was installed by default as the photo tool but I guess not.

I never noticed but Mint doesn't seem to have a default app for handling your photos installed, not counting Gimp but, that's not what we meant.

The OP's camera is shown as supported in Gphoto2 if you have that installed you can try... 'gphoto2 --list-cameras | less'
That will show you all the cameras supported by gphoto2 and you can see the 935 in there.

Return to “Beginner Questions”