Install help

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
barrieluv
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Install help

Post by barrieluv »

I'll help if you can enlighten me as to why you chose to go with version 3.1... :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
EeePC 701 Ubuntu 10.04 || HP Pavilion DV6 Linux Mint 17 Mate Edition
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Mint 3.1 is no longer supported. This means no updates, little or no access to repositories for addition of new programs and lack of compatibility with newer versions.

With the system specs you provided, I would suggest obtaining a copy of Mint 6 XFCE or Mint 6 Fluxbox. Either will install and fun admirably on your system. (Mint 7 XFCE should be available within the next 2-3 weeks)

If you want long term support. go with Mint 5. It is the current long term support version.
Hellishcross

Post by Hellishcross »

Return to “Beginner Questions”