How to "check disk" in MINT 6

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mattrixx
Level 3
Level 3

How to "check disk" in MINT 6

Post by mattrixx »

I`m trying to make an Acronis 10 backup image of my Mint 6 HDD to an external HDD.
After Acronis first examines and analyzes my selected MINT drive, it says: errors found in Partitions,
and to "check disc" (and partitions) first with disc checking software, or else it will have to create a "Sector by Sector" image instead.

I've made Acronis backup images before with earlier versions of MINT.
I dont have the drive capacity for a sector by sector image replication.

How does one force a drive integrity check in Linux MINT6 ?
I believe this is the same type check MINT performs automatically every 30 or so boots?

Thanks
Matt
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Re: How to "check disk" in MINT 6

Post by Fred »

mattrixx,

I don't use Acronis, but my understanding is that it isn't compatible with the new block size adopted by Ubuntu/Mint starting with Mint 6.

You might want to check on the Acronis site for the details. There is nothing wrong with your Linux partitions.

Fred
mattrixx
Level 3
Level 3

Post by mattrixx »

Thanks Fred for your reply

Can you (or anyone else) recommend any free, "easy to use", graphical, image backup program(s)
that *WILL* work with the latest MINT/Ubuntu? Something similar to familiar Acronis.

Matt
Fred

Post by Fred »

mattrixx,

I can't vouch for this one as I haven't used it either. A number of knowledgeable people in this forum do use and recommend it however.

Clonezilla - http://www.clonezilla.org

Fred

Return to “Beginner Questions”