Linux Mint on Wikipedia

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Old Marcus

Re: Linux Mint on Wikipedia

Post by Old Marcus »

I will admit I wrote the critical reception part. I have included as many citations as I felt was needed. The thing is, when I wrote it, there weren't many LM reviews, and I had to make do with the links I had. I felt it was pointless to reference the same links over and over again.
GuiH

Post by GuiH »

Ok, until a week my work will be done, just expand on the original Portuguese language.
I think that is important to keep all article citations as impersonal mode.
What u think to use an automatic translation, with many linguistic adaptations?

Cheers :mrgreen:
GuiH

Post by GuiH »

Well, I done the enhancement on the Wikipedia Portuguese!
I quickly made google translate, and rearranged the translated words.
And, I want to use the position on distrowatch in all wikipedia pages about Linux Mint (Linux Mint -> 4th); how to do it? :idea:
johonunu

Post by johonunu »

I made Linux Mint page on Serbian Wikipedia. It's not too big, but it's better then nothing ;)
http://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Mint
mati75

Post by mati75 »

This is polish Linux Mint on Wikipedia: http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Mint
recent-convert

Post by recent-convert »

I have some suggestions to make it more friendly and informative to new/potential users. If other people agree I'd like to go ahead and make these changes:

* Move 'Branches' and maybe 'Editions' further down the page, and move 'Mint tools' and 'Comparison with Ubuntu' up, as I think that will better reflect what a potential user is curious about.
* Remove the third bullet point (about mint4win) and instead do a brief dedicated 'Installation' section.
* It seems like the 'Critical Reception' section has been removed. But there are now plenty of good and balanced reviews of Helena, so maybe it could be replaced?
GuiH

Post by GuiH »

Now we have more than 20 languages in wikipedia !
:mrgreen:

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”