Gloria live cd problem

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
richyrich

Re: Gloria live cd problem

Post by richyrich »

Hi, and welcome! :)
To be able to help you, need to know more info, please post your hardware specs. If you have one of the Mint versions running, open the terminal, type in the green text below, hit enter. Then you can copy & paste the output back here.

Code: Select all

lspci
thats ( L S P C I ) all in small caps. :)

regards, Richard
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Alpha-Geek
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alpha-Geek »

Have you tried starting in "compatibility mode"?
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Well, I think I see a culprit to your problem.
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G71 [GeForce 7900 GT/GTO] (rev a1)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G71 [GeForce 7900 GT/GTO] (rev a1)
05:07.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 PRO] (rev 01)
X is having a hard time with your multiple vga cards!
Is the ATI card onboard? Can it be disabled?

Searching the *buntu/Mint forums / bug reports, I found that to install Jaunty/Gloria the members had to remove all but the Primary card, install went fine, then they installed the NVidia Restricted drivers, rebooted to make sure all was okay, then they shut down to re-install the secondary card, worked fine from then on!

Must be something in X or the kernel, as the members stated that it worked out-of-the-box on previous versions! :roll:

regards, Richard
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Yea, that's what the others said too! :? but the Xfce version is version 6, 7's not out yet.
good luck, Richard

Return to “Installation & Boot”