Gloria KDE CE. When?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Gloria KDE CE. When?

Post by exploder »

Yes, I screwed up on that one. :oops: Sometimes it's hard to think around here with a 3 month old baby crying and a 4 year old asking for stuff every few minutes. I had better correct my post! Thanks!
AfterEight

Post by AfterEight »

One word

ORGASMIC !!

Running from the DVD and it is AWESOME guys.
Thank you to ALL, Boo , Exploder and Clem, you have done Linux Mint proud with this one.
Well worth the wait. 8) :wink:

Now to show it off to all my mates and the guys at work. :mrgreen:

Also loving the default 'wallpaper' Dew. Good choice.

AfterEight
M_aD
Level 4
Level 4

Post by M_aD »

I created a live-usb stick of it with the usb-creator in Ubuntu 9.04 and had a quick look. Going for a complete runthrough (install) on my laptop tomorrow when i have more time. Looks great so far from what i've seen. Thanks Boo, Clem and exploder. :)
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

:D
stuckinoregon, check your PM
mararual

Post by mararual »

Hey Richyrich,

I wanna know too please. :)
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

shhhh . . . :mrgreen:
DaJinx

Post by DaJinx »

Downloaded and tried it in LiveCD mode looked and worked great but I'm sticking with Gloria Main. Just wanted to give a thanks and say a job well done to all developers who worked on this KDE release. I'm sure those who prefer KDE will agree it is a fine release and the best KDE4 based distro available now.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Take a look at the root actions built into this release. I have found this to be a valuable feature. Boo has done a good job with stability and feature sets in this release. KDE 4.2.4 seems to have the right combination of speed, stability and an attractive default appearance. I think this is one of the best KDE 4 based systems out there. This is the first time in years I have used KDE on my main machine!
Dalamar

Post by Dalamar »

Where can I download it? Thanks!
mikpap
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mikpap »

I looked in the repos but had no luck. Really is there a link for downloading???
johonunu

Post by johonunu »

I found it here : http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/testing/ but the ISO is 4 days old !
Maybe there is another link ? I am not sure !
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

That is the correct link. The iso had to be tested before being approved as a release candidate.
schrodinger's cat

Post by schrodinger's cat »

Two questions please:

1. Will Gloria KDE CE contain OpenOffice 3.1 or Firefox 3.5?
2. Will it be an easy upgrade from the RC to the final version?

Thanks.
M_aD
Level 4
Level 4

Post by M_aD »

exploder wrote:Take a look at the root actions built into this release. I have found this to be a valuable feature. Boo has done a good job with stability and feature sets in this release. KDE 4.2.4 seems to have the right combination of speed, stability and an attractive default appearance. I think this is one of the best KDE 4 based systems out there. This is the first time in years I have used KDE on my main machine!
I finally had the time to install it on my laptop and playing around with it now. I'm no expert in testing but compared to all the other KDE 4 distro's out there that i have tried, i also have to say this one is the best out there. It's fast, has KDE 4.2.4, it's stable, i can go on but the list would become too long. I'm sure that everyone agrees when i say: "This Linux Mint KDE CE edition is Kubuntu done right!"

When the final is going to be released it will be my main OS, until then i'll keep using this KDE CE RC. Everybody involved to make this release rock as it should: Thank you very much. I love it!!!
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

1. Will Gloria KDE CE contain OpenOffice 3.1 or Firefox 3.5?
No, OpenOffice 3.01 and Firefox 3.0.11.
2. Will it be an easy upgrade from the RC to the final version?
I believe so. There should not be much difference between the RC and the final.
andy06

Post by andy06 »

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me when the full version of Mint 7 KDE will be released? I looked through this thread and the other one made specifically for this question but could not see a date. Approximate time frame is more than enough.

I would look through the previous schedules to figure it out but only 1 previous KDE edition has come out and that too quite recently, so I don't know if I can go by that? Ubuntu/Kubuntu's RC period was about a week, so will it be the same here or will it be more like Mint 7 GNOME's one month period (please correct me if I am wrong). :D

It's just that I am going to try Mint for the first time with this release and would rather wait it out than fiddle with Mint 6 KDE.
EnthusOcn

Post by EnthusOcn »

I'm new to Linux Mint. I was wondering if you have multiple release candidates or if you just use the one until all the bugs seem to be fixed? Or does it depend on how serious the bugs are? Or are there multiple RC being released?
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Generally there is one release candidate, the community tests it out and the bugs are fixed. When the final release comes out an upgrade path from the release candidate to the final is made available.
EnthusOcn

Post by EnthusOcn »

exploder wrote:Generally there is one release candidate, the community tests it out and the bugs are fixed. When the final release comes out an upgrade path from the release candidate to the final is made available.
Interesting. I find that odd because I would have assumed that you want to make another release candidate with all the bug fixes to see that it solved all the problems on all hardware and to find other problems the first may have distracted one from. That's why I was wondering. Because it seemed to me to be as you say. Thanks for the information.
andy06

Post by andy06 »

Any indicative release date or rough timeframe?

Thanks

Return to “Software & Applications”