Green theme of KDE?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EnthusOcn

Green theme of KDE?

Post by EnthusOcn »

Hey there,

So I'm thinking about switching over to Linux Mint KDE. But I noticed that the theme looks blue in the screen shoot of RC1. Blue? Why blue? Should Linux Mint be green?

Also, why is the primary distribution of all these distributions Gnome. Why isn't KDE the choice of SOME? I feel like it's a tack on and that not much work goes in to it. Is this true with Linux Mint CEs?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Green theme of KDE?

Post by exploder »

EnthusOcn, you can't imagine how much work goes into the community editions! The community editions go through the same testing and quality checks as the main edition. Anything bearing the Mint name must be approved by Clem before it reaches the community. As for the blue theme, I think that we just wanted some variation and KDE by default uses blue as the dominant color. You can change the theme and colors to suit your taste. The community editions are not a "tack on" as you described, it is just that the main edition is guaranteed to always be around. Our community edition maintainers are extremely hard working individuals that donate their time and effort to provide the community with the different desktop environments.
EnthusOcn

Post by EnthusOcn »

exploder wrote:EnthusOcn, you can't imagine how much work goes into the community editions! The community editions go through the same testing and quality checks as the main edition. Anything bearing the Mint name must be approved by Clem before it reaches the community. As for the blue theme, I think that we just wanted some variation and KDE by default uses blue as the dominant color. You can change the theme and colors to suit your taste. The community editions are not a "tack on" as you described, it is just that the main edition is guaranteed to always be around. Our community edition maintainers are extremely hard working individuals that donate their time and effort to provide the community with the different desktop environments.
I'm coming from Kubuntu. Kubuntu seems like they tacked on a K.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I'm coming from Kubuntu. Kubuntu seems like they tacked on a K.
Now I understand. Kubuntu releases by a schedule, we release things when we feel they are ready. :mrgreen:
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

EnthusOcn wrote:why is the primary distribution of all these distributions Gnome. Why isn't KDE the choice of SOME? I feel like it's a tack on and that not much work goes in to it. Is this true with Linux Mint CEs?
Or an even better question why isn't XFCE the default desktop for Mint? :)
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

Zwopper wrote:
EnthusOcn wrote:why is the primary distribution of all these distributions Gnome. Why isn't KDE the choice of SOME? I feel like it's a tack on and that not much work goes in to it. Is this true with Linux Mint CEs?
Or an even better question why isn't XFCE the default desktop for Mint? :)
because it's archaic... no wait hang on this is just asking for a flame war :) I'll stop :lol: :lol:

I've never actually really used XFCE...what's it like?
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

No flame wars guys! :mrgreen:
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

exploder wrote:No flame wars guys! :mrgreen:
Promise! :mrgreen:
Carl wrote: I've never actually really used XFCE...what's it like?
Well, download the live-cd and give it a spin! :)
You're probably better off waitng for version 7 though.
Shouldn't be long now...
...I hope!
CREA DIEM!

exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Zwopper, it won't be long. :D
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

exploder wrote:Zwopper, it won't be long. :D
Glad to hear! :D
Sorry for TOTALLY stealing this thread! :(
CREA DIEM!

EnthusOcn

Post by EnthusOcn »

So... Is there a real set of theme colours and icons and task bars that will give a consistent green theme like the regular Linux Mint has?
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

Think of Mint KDE as peppermint. I like the blue.

And this is not a tack on. I'm a KDE man and IMO Mint beats out openSUSE and Mandriva, the top two KDE distros.

Kubuntu is a joke.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

WildSioux, those are some really great themes! Your information provides a way to have an awesome looking theme using green! :mrgreen:
dmbrent

Post by dmbrent »

Just had to throw my two cents in on this one, I have been using linuxmint distro's in one form or another for the past year or so. And I have to say the KDE CE distro is by far my favorite out of any distro. The development team puts a lot of work into the CE's, and it shows. Heck just DL the 7 RC and you will see what I am talking about.
EnthusOcn

Post by EnthusOcn »

That's great. It's just to bad you can't get rid of the blue outline around the active window in the task list plasmoid. Thanks for that!

Return to “Software & Applications”