[SOLVED] Can i use my Leadtek DTV1000 T

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
forger

[SOLVED] Can i use my Leadtek DTV1000 T

Post by forger »

Hi
I am quite a noob with Linux (experienced PC builder and user) but have had some success with Mint 6 learning the ropes. Now I want to convert a machine to Mint 6 from Windows. However it is only worth doing if I can get my Leadtek DTV1000 T card running for viewing and PVR.

I have read the thread "List of support TV tuner card on Linux mint and How to" but my card is not listed and the how to bit went over my head.

So can I use my card? If so how, in easy steps please, can I go about it. I am using Mint in the main edition using Gnome.

Hope you can take me forward on this.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Can i use my Leadtek DTV1000 T

Post by lagagnon »

I typed in the name of your card + Ubuntu into Google and there are a bunch of hits at various forums showing that that card works with the V4L (?) driver. As Mint is a Ubuntu base it should work, but I leave the details of checking those posts up to you.
forger

Post by forger »

Thanks for pointing me to help elsewhere, which was helpful

Actually I installed Kaffeine and the TV card worked straight away, well on viewing anyway. I have yet to get fully to grips with programmed recordings.

BTW how do I mark the topic as solved
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Hi forger, good news . . . :D . . glad it's working!
When you log in you can go up to your original post and click Edit. There you just have to add [SOLVED] to the Subject line.

regards, Richy

Return to “Hardware Support”