Can mint play DVDs out the box

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Can mint play DVDs out the box

Post by exploder »

Welcome to the forum! Yes, LinuxMint will play DVDs out of the box. All multimedia should, just work. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lexon

Post by lexon »

Welcome to Mint.
Mint works right out of the box for DVDs. I started with Mint 6 and now use Mint 7. I have two desktops and one Acer laptop running Mint 7 very well.
I have not used Windows for five years and love Linux. I am only a Linux user, not a Linux techie. Mint install with XP should work with no problem but I do not dual boot.

lexon
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

As others have said it'll work straight away, it'll also only takes moments to install VLC and use that too like most people would in Windows.

I still dual boot because I play games but Linux Mint is bar far and away the best operating System I've ever used!

Come to the Linux world :twisted:
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
timjam
Level 2
Level 2

Post by timjam »

err... im trying to play a DVD right out the box and it isn't working...

could it be because of copy protection or somthing?...

Return to “Beginner Questions”